Ah, so many mosaic workshops – which is the best one for you?
I have two introductory Chiyogami/Washi Mosaic Workshops, and taking one of these two is a prerequisite for all the others. They are:
- The Original Washi Mosaic Workshop – this is an all-day workshop retreat in which you learn the process for creating Chiyogami Mosaics. We start by learning and practicing the technique on two small (2″x3″) mosaics in the morning. I serve a salad bar lunch, and afterwards, you will begin the larger project,which will be framed in a 11″x14″ or 12.5″x12.5″ frame. At the end of the day, you have had a lovely time creating two small mosaics that are placed on card stock and ready to mail, enjoying a salad bar lunch and creating a beautiful mosaic that is framed and matted. For more information on this workshop, check out my Washi Mosaic Workshop Page. If you are looking for an all-day retreat in which you leave with a beautiful piece of your own artwork already framed and matted, this is the one for you.
- Introduction to Chiyogami Mosaics – this is a 3-hour workshop that is usually held at Santa Rosa’s art store RileyStreet. In this workshop, you also start by learning and practicing the technique on two small (2″x3″) mosaics, and then move directly into creating another mosaic that is smaller than the one completed in the Original Washi Mosaic Workshop. Typically, this mosaic will either be 4″x4″ (in a black 8″x8″ mat) or 3.5″ x 5.5″ (in a black 8″x10″ mat). Your completed mosaic is matted but not framed (so as to keep the cost down). Most of the time, I will have frames available for purchase if you like. For more information, check out my Introduction to Washi Mosaics page
Once you have completed one of these workshops, there are several options as to where to go next:
- Repeat the Original Washi Mosaic Workshop (or take it if you took the Introduction to Chiyogami Mosaics). For folks who choose to do this, I offer a $25 discount on the regular price. Be sure to mention that you have already taken one of my prerequisite classes when you register to get the discount.
- Come back to the Original Washi Mosaic Workshop to a larger piece. The next size up would be a 14″x18″ framed piece with the mosaic being approximately 9″x12″. After that, you can come back and do a 16″x20″ framed piece with the mosaic being approximately 10.5″x14.5″. Please inquire about pricing for these two options if you are interested.
- Get Carded! This is a half-day workshop for folks who would like to create smaller (2″x3″) mosaics to put on cards. I typically offer a morning session and an afternoon session.
- Gift Making Jumpstart! This is a half-day workshop for folks who would like to create smaller matted mosaics (3.5″x5.5″ mosaic size) that are perfect for gift giving. It includes everything you need to make two of them, plus a small card-size mosaic for practice. I typically offer a morning session and an afternoon session.
If you have ideas for other workshops, please let me know.
Thank you for your interest!!