Come learn Zentangle® with me!
Zentangle Basics is the place to start because it is the prerequisite for all the other classes. I do honor Basics classes taken from other Certified Zentangle Teachers, so you have taken Zentangle Basics from another teacher, please contact me about waiving this requirement.
Each class includes all the materials you need for the class, so all you need to bring is your reading classes and any tools you received in Zentangle class.
I have a Zentangle Class Rewards Program for students who take classes. Check it out here: “Zentangle Class Rewards Program”
This month’s Zentangle® Class Offerings include:
Getting Started with the Basics
- Zentangle Basics – Class fee is $43.00 (prerequisite for all of my Zentangle classes)
- (Note: Class fee includes the class kit, which has a retail value of $13.32)
Come learn the Zentangle method and philosophy and see what is possible when you focus on one pen stroke at a time. We will start at the beginning and create two beautiful Zentangle tiles. It’s easy, it’s fun and you will be surprised at what you can do, even if you don’t think you are artistic.
- Sunday, 4/15/2018, 9:30 am to Noon
- Thursday, 4/26/18, 6:17 to 8:30 pm
- Monday, 5/14, 2018, 6:17 to 8:30 pm
- Saturday, 5/26/2018, 9:30 am to Noon
- Tuesday, 6/12/2018, 6:17 to 8:30 pm
- Saturday, 6/16/2018, 9:30 am to Noon
- Thursday, 6/28/2018, 6:17 to 8:30 pm
Exciting news! I will be teaching Zentangle Basics in a new venue in Geyserville called Locals Create! I’m teaching Zentangle Basics there on the following dates:
- Saturday, 6/23/2018, 2:00 to 4:30 pm
- Thursday, 6/28/2018, 2:00 to 4:30 pm
Beyond The Basics Classes:
The currently scheduled Beyond the Basics classes are listed below. If you’d like to attend a class that isn’t scheduled, please contact me, and I will add it to the next schedule at a time that works for you. You can also sign up for my email list and receive a monthly email listing my class offerings.
- Tangle Library for Zendalas! – Class Fee is $45
- (Note: Class fee includes the class kit, which has a retail value of $17.47)
Come enjoy the best of two worlds: Tangle Library and Zendalas!
In this class, you will be given samples of each of the nine different “prestrung” Zendalas I’ve completed, and you will learn all of the tangles on all nine sample Zendalas! These new tangles, coupled with those you learned in Basics Class, are all you need to complete the class samples. Or, you can swap the new tangles with your favorite tangles if you like. Experience the fun of “tangling in the round,” and grow your Tangle Library with at least 15 new (ie, beyond Basics Class) tangles.
The course fee is $45, which includes one of each of the 9 prestrung Zendalas and 15 bijou tiles, along with a Tangle Library sleeve to organize them (kit retail value: $17.47). I also have round tins of Zendalas available in the Zentangle store if you want to “upsize” your class kit for an additional $15.00.
If you can’t make the class but would like to purchase the kit, please contact me, and we can make arrangements to get your class kit to you.
- Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 6:17 to 8:30 pm
- Saturday, April 28, 2018, 1:00 to 3:15 pm
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 6:17 to 8:30 pm
- Zentangle Inspired Snowflakes – Class and Materials Fee is $50
- Thursday, April 19, 2018, 6:17 – 8:30 pm
- Saturday, April 28, 2018, 3:30 to 5:30 pm
Renaissance Sampler – Class and Materials Fee is $40
Come learn how much fun the tan Renaissance tiles and Zendalas can be! The Zentangle Renaissance line of tiles and Zendalas were inspired by the work of Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo during the 1400s.
This class combines the classic techniques for working on tan Renaissance Tiles with the fun of tangling in the round on Zendalas. In this class, you will learn more tangles to add to your palate, and we will work on one zendala and one tile so you can get the feel for working on both the regular size tiles and the round Zendalas.
- Wedensday, May 16, 2018, 6:17 to 8:30 pm
- Saturday, May 26, 2018, 1:00 to 3:15 pm
- Enhanced Shading (Shades of Gray) – Class and Materials fee is $40
In these sections, we will move beyond traditional Zentangle by incorporating new shading tools and techniques. While you will learn some new tangles, our focus will be on learning shading techniques that add depth and dimension to your tiles, and you will get to work with new shading pencils. Join me as we explore Sonya Yencer’s “Shades of Gray” technique with various tangles on tiles and Zendalas.
As with all my classes, Zentangle Basics is the required prerequisite, and everything needed beyond the tools you’ve already received is included in the class price. I will have several additional shading tools available for sale, but rest assured that everything you need for class will be provided.
- Monday, May 21, 2018, 6:17 to 8:30 pm
- Saturday, May 26, 2018, 3:30 to 5:30 pm
Zentangle Retreat Days!
Come for one, two or all three classes!
Join me for 2 or more classes on Zentangle Retreat Days and get $5 off the second and third classes. In addition, for those who come for two or three classes, I will have a salad bar lunch at about 12:15.