Come learn Zentangle® with me!
Zentangle Basics is the place to start because it is the prerequisite for all the other classes. I do honor Basics classes taken from other Certified Zentangle Teachers, so you have taken Zentangle Basics from another teacher, please contact me about waiving this requirement.
Each class includes all the materials you need for the class, so all you need to bring is your reading classes and any tools you received in Zentangle class.
I have a Zentangle Class Rewards Program for students who take classes. Check it out here: “Zentangle Class Rewards Program”
This month’s Zentangle® Class Offerings include:
Getting Started with the Basics
Come learn the Zentangle method and philosophy and see what is possible when you focus on one pen stroke at a time. We will start at the beginning and create two beautiful Zentangle tiles. It’s easy, it’s fun and you will be surprised at what you can do, even if you don’t think you are artistic.
- Wednesday, May 8, 10:00-Noon
- Wednesday, May 8, 6:15-8:15 pm
- Saturday, May 11, 10:00-Noon (at Rileystreet)
- Tuesday, May 14, 6:15-8:15 pm
- Wednesday, June 5, 10:00-Noon
- Wednesday, June 5, 6:15-8:15 pm
- Tuesday, June 18, 10:45-12:45 pm
- Tuesday, June 18, 6:15-8:15 pm
- Saturday, June 22, 10:00-Noon
Beyond The Basics Classes:
The currently scheduled Beyond the Basics classes are listed below. If you’d like to attend a class that isn’t scheduled, please contact me, and I will add it to the next schedule at a time that works for you. You can also sign up for my email list and receive a monthly email listing my class offerings.
Come enjoy the best of two worlds: Tangle Library and Zendalas!
In this class, you will be given samples of each of the nine different “prestrung” Zendalas I’ve completed, and you will learn all of the tangles on all nine sample Zendalas! These new tangles, coupled with those you learned in Basics Class, are all you need to complete the class samples. Or, you can swap the new tangles with your favorite tangles if you like. Experience the fun of “tangling in the round,” and grow your Tangle Library with at least 15 new (ie, beyond Basics Class) tangles.
- Saturday, May 11, 12;30-2:30 pm (at Rileystreet)
- Wednesday, May 29, 10:00-Noon
- Wednesday, May 29, 6:15-8:15 pm
- Monday, June 3, 10:00-Noon
- Monday, June 3, 6:15 to 8:15 pm
Zentangle Embedded Letters and Words! – $40
Let’s play with letters, words and Zentangle!
In this class, we’ll talk a bit about lettering, and spend most of the time focusing on the process of embedding letters and words.
NOTE: The frame is the Celtic Knot from the Complex Tangles class, so it is not included in this offering.
- Wednesday, June 19, 10:00-Noon
- Wednesday, June 19, 6:15-8:15 pm
- Tuesday, May 28, 10:30-Noon
- Tuesday, May 28, 6:15-8:15 pm (Topic TBD)
In this four-hour class, we will begin with a pre-printed/drawn 10.5″ x 10.5″ Opus Tile labyrinth. We’ll review coloring techniques and add “Reticula and Fragments” tangling approaches to our toolbox.
The course fee includes the Labyrinth on an Opus Tile and colored pencils. Please remember to bring your pens, pencil and tortillion.
- Saturday, May 25, 10:30-2:30 pm
- Tuesday, June 4, 10:45 to 2:45 pm
- Saturday, June 15, 10:00-2:00 pm
Tangling without Tangles? How can that be? Join me in this fun class and learn a new method for creating your own patterns and “tangling without tangles.” Bring your pens, pencil and tortillion!
- Thursday, May 23, 10-Noon
- Thursday, May 23, 6:15-8:15 pm